[Sca-cooks] wheat-free dairy-free diet in period or OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:08:11 PST 2002

>I have a friend whos son is allergic to all things soy.. Before this occurs
>to you as a minor inconvenience, look at ANY given food wrapper in your
>house (Cake, Hot Dogs, Top Ramen, BEEF SEASONING, etc..  Its EVERYWHERE)
>and
>the fact that it will make him vomitously ill if he gets too much of it.
>
>Having him over for dinner is a pain.
>
>VLadimir

My daughter Morningstar was allergic to soy and tons of other stuff when she
was small.  What a pain in the butt.  She couldn't have soy, milk products,
sugar, corn, red colour, lots of other stuff I can't recall just now.  She
practically starved to death before they found something she could eat.  I
then worked with the childrens hospital dietictians and came up with a
booklet of recipes for folks who had kids with some or all of the same
allergies.  Now the only thing Morningstar is allergic to is work.
Olwen