[Sca-cooks] wheat-free dairy-free diet in period or OOP

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 11:27:41 PST 2002

"Linda M. Kalb" wrote:

> At 12:59 PM 2/15/02, you wrote:
>
> >Hmm, are we diagnosed with autism, aspergers or something along that line?
>
> Yes, unfortunately, that is my son's primary problem.
>
> >If
> >so, you will be amazed to see the positive changes in him once you wean
> >him off
> >the wheat and milk.
>
> Do you know of cases?  I've read that only 1/3 are helped by it but it
> sounds worth a try to me, especially since he already had GI symptoms
> (long-running diarrhea, esophageal reflux, sensitive stomach/vomits
> easily).  So he may be in that 1/3.

Two different friends' kids, aged 5 and 6.  The former has GI symptoms like your
nevvy's and was hugely better when drinking soymilk instead of moomilk.  The latter
is just moderately better when we can distract him from his staple
grilled-cheese-sandwiches, but certainly enough to notice.

Soy and Rice milk come in flavors these days, my vegan friends recommend the "Silk"
brand.

Best of luck!
Selene