[Sca-cooks] guess the mistake, was RE: Chocolate chip cookies

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Feb 19 07:24:14 PST 2002

Corriher's volume Cookwise gives 2 recipes
for chocolate chip cookies that call for
baking powder and not baking soda. I am
under the impression that the original
1930's recipe has changed through the ages,
but I can't lay my hands on the various volume(s)
at the moment that detail this. I do know that
originally the cookie came before the
manufacture of the chocolate chip and that one
broke up or chipped by hand block or bar chocolate
for the cookies. Then they made the bags of chips.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae