[Sca-cooks] any suggestions for soltie?

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:05:36 PST 2002

Well, are you still thinking of doing something in marizpan or do you want
to expand? ;)  If I had to come up with something, I would look at what was
going on in history around that time and maybe come up with a historical
referrence.

Maybe if there was a popular painting or artist during that time, I might
pick it and do a soltie off of it.  Like, let's just say you found a famous
painting during that period and maybe its a still life of fruit.  I would
take the painting, enlarge it, and do a copy of the painting in a soltie.
Hopefully this makes sense...

Or, you can always make fake jewelry of the time period.  Hey, if we can
have candy bracelets in the 70's when we were growing up, why not have
eatible jewelry that looks period, right?

Oh, and if it is in April, you could make paskanki sotlies...fake colored
eggs that really ARE ebible.

Happy creating!

--Arte