OT: Re: [Sca-cooks] Bad girls in the restaurant- was Re: soft shelled crab

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 18:02:44 PST 2002

--- Kirrily Robert <skud at infotrope.net> wrote:

> Phlip wrote:
> > Well, back in my youth, my grandmother "the
> Senator's
> > widow" and her friend, Miss Julia Fish (yes, THOSE
> > Fishes, Adamantius)
>
> Surely you don't mean Lady Julia Fish, the daughter
> of the ninth Earl of
> Emsworth?

Ooops- meant Miss Janet Fish, sister/aunt/great-aunt
of an assortment of Hamilton Fishes- sorry about that
;-O Julia Fish was a crony of my grandmother's too,
but she was a bit more conservative than Janet was.
She was somehow responsible for building the row of
townhouses we lived in.

Janet had been one of THE beauties of her day, and
never married because she never found a gentleman up
to her standards. She lived up the street from us in
Georgetown, and her (hired often) chauffeur taught me
how to play nickel slot machines in the back of
restaurants when the old ladies were unusually boring.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,