[Sca-cooks] any suggestions for soltie?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 20 20:48:15 PST 2002

Faerisa said:
> You're looking at a peak time for heraldic display here (yeah, I know, you've
> been there & done that).  I've seen a couple of manuscript illuminations from
> that time depicting a peacock redressed in it's own feathers, you could always
> do a sweet (or not) version that just LOOKS like a peacock, and stuff it with
> custard filled eggs (or  around these parts, Kinder Surprise Eggs).

But, but... Why not do the real thing? See this file in the Florilegium:
peacocks-msg      (38K)  5/31/01    Serving peacock sotelties safely.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/peacocks-msg.html

For other ideas, although I'm not sure which ones are 15th century,
check these files:
sotelties-msg    (208K) 10/22/01    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sotelties-msg.html
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Warners-art.html
illusion-fds-msg (128K) 10/29/01    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/illusion-fds-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net