[Sca-cooks] any suggestions for soltie?

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Wed Feb 20 17:41:15 PST 2002

You're looking at a peak time for heraldic display here (yeah, I know, you've
been there & done that).  I've seen a couple of manuscript illuminations from
that time depicting a peacock redressed in it's own feathers, you could always
do a sweet (or not) version that just LOOKS like a peacock, and stuff it with
custard filled eggs (or  around these parts, Kinder Surprise Eggs).

Alternately, you could go small and use candied walnuts from Le Menagier stuffed
back into their shells (or marzipan/sugarpaste shells) and Digby's Pear Puddings
and "Golden Apples of Meat" like the ones in Cosman's book and maybe finish it
off with some marzipan grapes moulded over an actual grape stem.  Then you'd
have a stealth fruit platter that isn't fruit at all!

Have fun in your search,
Faerisa