[Sca-cooks] any suggestions for soltie?

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:28:18 PST 2002

>    There's a company that sells a kit for Canon printers to print food
>grade ink onto a sheet of icing. If you have a graphic, it can print >it
>with
>near photographic quality on various sized sheets. You lay it on the >cake,
>and Voila!

That's probably how the bakery "Goldielocks" does it over here.  I saw this
cake with a picture of a 16 year old girl on it...sort of cool.  But isn't
that cheating a bit? ;)

Not that I have a HUGE problem with people using computers and pictures, and
stuff...but there are so many other ways of duplicating images like with
transfer paper and they have these projectors for artists as well.  They
aren't that expensive either...sometimes Michaels has them for cheap ($20
bucks I think).  They are VERY handy too when redecorating your house and
you want a wall painting.

I can also teach people how to draw too...anyone local I would be willing to
help (not that I am such a wonderful artist or anything).  There is a book
called "Drawing from the Leftside of the Brain" that is REALLY helpful.
Negative space and all that.  I highly recommend it to someone that wants to
learn and NO you CAN learn to be an artist (if you don't naturally have said
gift you CAN learn).  I'm proof of that (to one of my animation teacher's
chagrin).

--Arte