[Sca-cooks] any suggestions for soltie?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:22:11 PST 2002

>Or, you can always make fake jewelry of the time period.  Hey, if we can
>have candy bracelets in the 70's when we were growing up, why not have
>eatible jewelry that looks period, right?

Funny you mention this.  The event is called Garb Wars.  During this event
people or teams make an entire costume to be judged and the winner gets a
prize.  Some in the guild suggested I make a coronet in marzipan or somesuch
and the Baron would *have* to wear it to model it and then we could get him
to eat his hat!

I do like the paskanki egg idea although I am not sure they would fit in the
time frame, being very unfamiliar with their history.  I must admit though
that the lightbulb came right on when I read it.
Olwen