[Sca-cooks] Cookware for missionaries

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Feb 20 21:02:08 PST 2002

At 06:42 PM 2/20/02,Barbara Dodge said something like:

>I've got a great assortment of cookware.  Infant to toddler size!
>
>Felicia

The missionaries occasionally drop by to see how I'm doing, and to say
hello. They are always full of questions about "This knight thing that we
hear you do".

This last weekend, my sense of humor got the better of me, and I promised
to look into getting one of those large African castiron kettles in which
missionaries are properly cooked, and then invite them over for dinner.

Perhaps the next time they drop by, I'll assemble my tripod fire bailey in
the front yard and suspend the dutch oven by the cooking chain.
Hmmmm....  I've already freaked the neighbors out a few times doing
something like that out there. (Silly neighbors, they can't tell a lousy
mormon from a full blown practitioner of something other than ... christian.).

Ah yes. And everyone in the neighborhood knows that my hand crank meat
grinder is purely for the purpose of dealing with unruly children in the
event of civil unrest. (Be Prepared.)  I turned out 16 lbs of ground pork
with it for the Kalakukko in less than 45 minutes last November.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.