[Sca-cooks] RE: Canadian Dining

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Thu Feb 21 16:32:24 PST 2002

I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba (just north of North Dakota).  The restaurant is
called the Prairie Lights Restaurant on the Red River Community College
campus.  There is a webpage, but danged if I can find the address right now.

Interestingly, Winnipeg holds the distinction of having the most restaurants
per capita, which is interesting because we're also known for our cheap
wholesale mentality (we're often used as a test market for this reason - if
you can sell it here, you can sell it anywhere).

Part of the reason we have so many restaurants may have to do with our
extreme ethnic diversity.  Winnipeg holds a two week long fesival every
August called Folklorama in which about 40 different nationalites host
"pavillions" showcasing their food, crafts, and dancing, etc.