[Sca-cooks] raised crusts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Feb 22 14:52:18 PST 2002

Randy Goldberg MD wrote:

> Furthermore (and I don't know whether this has ANY real relevance here),
> when you boil water, most of the dissolved gasses are driven out of it,
> which may slightly change its taste and properties. For instance,
> boiled-and-cooled water will freeze faster (and clearer) than
> fresh-from-the-tap water at the same starting temperature - a nice trick to
> know if you get possessed by the spirit of Martha Stewart and decide you
> need crystal clear ice cubes.

Oh Avraham! You just made this slug very happy! I've been trying to tell
folks this for a long time, and no one believes me! This is the main
reason why restaurant coffee/tea/etc is awful- the water is flat! And
someone who knows how to make Real Tea will tell you always fill the
kettle fresh. Boiling and reboiling is what takes the life out of it. (I
oughta talk, of course, as I slug down a mug of Irish Breakfast with
milk... the water in that kettle is like Kansas and I just refilled it
this morning!)

'Lainie
-why is there salt in my hair?