[Sca-cooks] raised crusts

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 24 14:02:07 PST 2002

Well... I have accepted that, if I order tea in a restaurant, I will get
a cup of sort of hot water with a tea bag nestled coyly beside it. The
only way you can make real actual tea, as opposed to colored water, is
to pour boiling water over the tea... So, I simply refuse to drink tea
in restaurants. (Except the Indian place in my neighborhood. They make
good tea.) 185 isn't hot enough, but I don't think 195 is that great an
improvement.

I also can no longer drink regular coffee at night, and find that decaf
is usually stale, even in good places. So, I now finish my main course
and go... I usually eat late enough that no one is waiting for my table,
but  not so late that they are waiting to close.

I don't usually complain, because no one seems to know what I am talking
about, when I do.

Anne