[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Feb 25 06:55:29 PST 2002

Perhaps, Master A, it also depends on the kind of tea being prepared, as
well as personal preferences?
I drink both tea and coffee, and I _always_ want my coffee hot, dark,
and a little sweet.  I do not do either cream or milk.  My usual order
at an espresso place is a quad. Americano....<g>
I drink a variety of teas (mostly at home).  The green teas, jasmine
tea, oolong, etc. I like without getting them too strong, since that's
not really in the best interests of more delicate flavors.....
Now, plain 'ole black tea....especially a good English Breakfast
blend....I want *that* _potent_. There's just something about the tea,
the tannin, the heat.....<ggg>
Don't do milk with tea either (shudder), unless I'm having chai, and
cream, rarely...sometimes when I get a cold, or need "comfort food"
sweet, milky/creamy tea just hits the spot. <g>
If I want caffeine at a restaurant, I almost always order tea or a
cola...coffee's usually pretty weak for my standards, and I don't like
it at all.
--Maire, seriously thinking of taking her espresso machine to work.....