[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 13:20:04 PST 2002

Hey, you "get" it! I might even drink tea at your place! *G* And yes,
preheating the cups makes a huge difference. So does bringing the tea
together with the water immediately!

I used to go to a restaurant where I used to live where they did know me
well enough to make a new pot of decaf when I was finishing up my
dinner... now, that was nice! It helped that a friend of mine was just
as picky, and we often ate together, and we knew the owners... but the
staff there was very good anyway. Nice people, who wanted you to enjoy
the meal.  And I understand why it goes stale. Not used at all as much,
and I think it goes stale faster then regular anyway, even when I make
it at home. But understanding doesn't make me willing to drink the
stuff. (Then, there was the place that gave me regular, twice... as I
realized at 3:00, as I stared at the ceiling... ) You know, these are
relatively minor things, but they can ruin an otherwise pleasant meal!

Anne