[Sca-cooks] Question from a newbie

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Feb 25 11:39:23 PST 2002

Yrme said:
>  My name is Yrmegard and I'm from Tallinn, Estonia. We are establshing a
>  group here and just starting with our topics.

Welcome to SCA-Cooks and to the SCA!

You might find some of the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my
Florilegium to useful to you.

Also, some files in the SCA-INC section such as:
new-groups-msg    (18K)  7/17/96    Procedures and advice on starting
new SCA
                                       groups.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/new-groups-msg.html
sprd-out-grps-msg (10K) 12/27/01    Handling SCA groups spread over a
large area
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/sprd-out-grps-msg.html

>  I have a concrete question. I need to speak for circa 10 minutes about
>  meat
>  in Middle Ages at the event where people will bake meat and would seek
>  for
>  an interesting information about meat in history. Could anybody help me
>  with finding the information?

There are a few files in the Florilegium that might be useful for this,
also. I would look in the FOOD-MEATS and the ANIMALS section.

For instance:
lamb-mutton-msg   (89K)  9/ 4/01    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/lamb-mutton-msg.html
cattle-msg        (41K)  9/16/99    Period cattle and cattle raising.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/cattle-msg.html

If you don't have access to websites, just let me know and I can send
any of my files by email.

Please let me know if I can help you further. I am also talking to
an individual in Moscow, Russia who is thinking about joining the
SCA. A bit far away to do events together, though. :-)

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net