[Sca-cooks] Question from a newbie

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 15:25:22 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/25/2002 9:05:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
julia at rullrumm.ee writes:

> My name is Yrmegard and I'm from Tallinn, Estonia. We are establshing a
> group here and just starting with our topics.

Wonderful!  I had heard a rumor that there was a group starting in Estonia;
it's nice to know that ti's true!

> I have a concrete question. I need to speak for circa 10 minutes about meat
> in Middle Ages at the event where people will bake meat and would seek for
> an interesting information about meat in history. Could anybody help me
> with finding the information?

There are several excellent websites which address cooking in the Middle Ages
in general, although I'm not sure aobut meat in particular.  Let me check my
bookmarks...

Probably the best place to start is the Medieval and Renaissance Food
Homepage, at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html
This links to most if not all of the really good cooking and food websites
out there, many of which have medieval recipes on them, many of them again
often worked out to what modern people call a recipe (exact amounts, times,
temperatures, etc, as opposed to the "take some of this and some of that and
do this to it and then cook it till it be enough" nature of most period
recipes).  Many of the medieval meat recipes are so good that I use them for
cooking at home as well as events.

Brangwayna Morgan