[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

tboroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Mon Feb 25 17:46:11 PST 2002

> Hey, you "get" it! I might even drink tea at your place! *G* And yes,
> preheating the cups makes a huge difference. So does bringing the tea
> together with the water immediately!

That is one of the things that has always peeved me at restaurants.  The temp coming out of the pot/machine is usually sufficient, though not neccisarily ideal.  But, so often the waitress has her hands full and takes a minute or two to get the cup to me.  If she'd only put the teabag in to brew before bringing it, the results would be so much nicer.  When you go to an actual tearoom, they set up the entire pot to brew before bringing it to your table and nobody gets offended.  Why do waiters and waitresses think you'd be offended by their putting your teabag in for you?

> stuff. (Then, there was the place that gave me regular, twice... as I
> realized at 3:00, as I stared at the ceiling... ) You know,

When I was a waitress, an awful lot of my compadres would pour pots together to "conserve" the coffee and free up a pot so they could run a fresh one.  Very often they were topping off a decaf pot with regular.  I complained about it on a couple of occasions, and was treated like I was nuts.  I told them that the first old person who had a heart attack because of their unethical behavior was all on their heads...

-Magdalena