[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 25 19:14:27 PST 2002

Also sprach margaret:
>-Magdalena said
>snip
>Why do waiters and waitresses think you'd be offended by their putting your
>teabag in for you?
>
>Maybe they've run into someone who like me has asked for a pot of hot water
>since I carry my own bags. I'm on a strict diet and caffeine in any form is
>a nono. Margarite

Sorry, I missed this one the first time around...

I suspect the real reason may be that if the server sets up the cup,
and has, for any reason, to attend to anything else first, like
slicing a cake or something, maybe attend to another diner, they run
the risk of having the tea brew too long for the unidentified tastes
of the customer. If it's too weak, the diner can leave it to brew
longer. If it's too strong you can't leave it to brew less.

Of course, if it's too strong, you _can_ always add some rancid yak butter...

Adamantius