[Sca-cooks] something easy & redacted?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Feb 25 23:10:41 PST 2002

Dana/Ximena asked:
> I'm looking for help again.  On another list, I've offered
> a recipe or two to a Mexican teacher who is the driving
> force behind a medieval school festival, at the jr.
> high/high school level.  Anybody have any favorites
> suitable for kids of this approximate age to play with?

I'm sorry, I'm not real sure of the abilities of this age
group, but perhaps these two files in the Florilegium might
be of use:
chd-ck-clsses-msg (12K)  1/ 3/01    Children's cooking classes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/chd-ck-clsses-msg.html
p-cook-child-msg  (14K)  9/ 7/01    Period cooking for children.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/p-cook-child-msg.html
easy-p-recip-msg   (7K) 11/29/01    Some easy period recipes. Ideal for new
                                       cooks or for cooks new to period cooking.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/easy-p-recip-msg.html

> Anyway, my first thought was the Zanahoria Rallada (from De
> Nola?) recipe, which I have somewhere.  Lady Brighid, was
> that yours?  Whoever it was, is it OK if I share the
> redaction for this?  If you have it right at hand in
> electronic format could I get another copy to save having
> to dig for and retype it? (but if it's more than
> copy-paste-send, never mind; I can sometimes do my own
> typing... :)

Well, this only the translated original recipes, with no redactions,
but perhaps these would help:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nolaís
                                       1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of 2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-art.html
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                       Lenten recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados2-art.html

Or maybe this one:
fd-Spain-msg     (102K) 12/ 4/00    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Spain-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net