[Sca-cooks] something easy & redacted?

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 10:36:19 PST 2002

Thank you, thank you!

I was thinking easy in terms of skills involved: grate,
measure, stir.  Yes, it takes a bit of work and patience
but doesn't require a lot of sophisticated cooking
knowledge.  I managed to make some, after all (for
Thanksgiving, my family thinks I'm strange now but liked
them -- so healthy!  Which gives you an idea where the
difference between us lies; I figure if it's not "healthy"
now, wait for the next diet fad.  Anyway, they came out
quite sticky -- not enough squeezing or not enough cooking,
I think -- but were still very good).  Something that could
be done by groups of teenagers, everyone getting a turn
grating and stirring, with a minimum of supervision and a
good chance of success.  I'll leave it up to the teacher to
make the final decision, of course, as she knows her
situation best; I was just thinking along the lines of
"what we might have done in Campfire."

I think the next one isn't until next year, but when/if I
hear how it went I'll let you know.

Dana/Ximena