[Sca-cooks] Tea

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Feb 28 10:14:15 PST 2002

Just to point out-

Caffeine levels in teas vary greatly with the variety. Breakfast teas of
course have the highest levels. Something like Darjeeling has much less,
and of course herbals and herbal/tea blends will vary greatly. Last
numbers I saw showed that a breakfast tea brewed for at least 3 minutes
(Ha! I go in the other room and then think "What was I doing?" and
toddle back... 3 minutes? Ha!) will brew up to anywhere from half to 2/3
of the caffeine of drip coffee.

However- the caffeine in tea is a little different- it is a slower
acting and *longer* acting form. Takes longer to wake up, but you stay
awake longer, with fewer jitters. I won't try bad ascii art, but it
would be more like a table mountain as opposed to say, the Rockies. Lot
easier on my physiology, fer sure (and doesn't eat my stomach lining
like coffee).

Funny- we usually don't have this thread until just before tourney
season, when we argue about coffee in camp...

BTW- Master A- I was up the other night mostly waiting for mail that
didn't show up because it would appear Someone is having e-mail
problems. I try not to drink tea after 9 or so unless he is around.

Gotta go- get in the car, hop on I-5...

'Lainie
-see y'all tonight!