[Sca-cooks] Tea

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Feb 28 10:32:03 PST 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>Just to point out-

<snip>

>However- the caffeine in tea is a little different- it is a slower
>acting and *longer* acting form. Takes longer to wake up, but you stay
>awake longer, with fewer jitters. I won't try bad ascii art, but it
>would be more like a table mountain as opposed to say, the Rockies. Lot
>easier on my physiology, fer sure (and doesn't eat my stomach lining
>like coffee).

I believe there are a family of stimulant alkaloids involved; the
profile for tea may be different from that of coffee because more
than caffeine is involved. I find that tea, generally, is indeed more
gentle on the nerves than coffee, but even tea can get one a little
shaky if you drink enough. I find that for serious, but
non-spasmodic, wakefulness, yerba mate is gentler still, than most
teas.

>Funny- we usually don't have this thread until just before tourney
>season, when we argue about coffee in camp...
>
>BTW- Master A- I was up the other night mostly waiting for mail that
>didn't show up because it would appear Someone is having e-mail
>problems. I try not to drink tea after 9 or so unless he is around.

Now I'm confused. It must be lack of tea. Actually, I'm pretty sure
Stefan was the one who asked about that. Is Seu--- I mean Edouard,
having e-mail problems? I'm a bit dense today...

>Gotta go- get in the car, hop on I-5...

Good luck! My own Evil Spawn is waiting to hear from a school, too!

Adamantius