[Sca-cooks] Tea

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 13:43:50 PST 2002

I believe the alkaloid in question is theine.  But,
and I haven't seen anything recent on this doesn't tea
also contain theophilline, which is good for asthma?

Alessandra
(digging deep into the soggy brain tissue)
--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
> >Just to point out-
>
> <snip>
>
> >However- the caffeine in tea is a little different-
> it is a slower
> >acting and *longer* acting form. Takes longer to
> wake up, but you stay
> >awake longer, with fewer jitters. I won't try bad
> ascii art, but it
> >would be more like a table mountain as opposed to
> say, the Rockies. Lot
> >easier on my physiology, fer sure (and doesn't eat
> my stomach lining
> >like coffee).
>
> I believe there are a family of stimulant alkaloids
> involved; the
> profile for tea may be different from that of coffee
> because more
> than caffeine is involved. I find that tea,
> generally, is indeed more
> gentle on the nerves than coffee, but even tea can
> get one a little
> shaky if you drink enough. I find that for serious,
> but
> non-spasmodic, wakefulness, yerba mate is gentler
> still, than most
> teas.
>
> >Funny- we usually don't have this thread until just
> before tourney
> >season, when we argue about coffee in camp...
> >
> >BTW- Master A- I was up the other night mostly
> waiting for mail that
> >didn't show up because it would appear Someone is
> having e-mail
> >problems. I try not to drink tea after 9 or so
> unless he is around.
>
> Now I'm confused. It must be lack of tea. Actually,
> I'm pretty sure
> Stefan was the one who asked about that. Is Seu--- I
> mean Edouard,
> having e-mail problems? I'm a bit dense today...
>
> >Gotta go- get in the car, hop on I-5...
>
> Good luck! My own Evil Spawn is waiting to hear from
> a school, too!
>
> Adamantius

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)