[Sca-cooks] RE: Tea

Barbara Nostrand nostrand at acm.org
Thu Feb 28 11:02:19 PST 2002

Noble Cousins!

Greetings from Solveig!

>  >#3: OK milk is a personal preference but growing up I was always given
>>tea with milk.  Usually strong and milky with plenty of sugar.   I will
>>drink black tea, but it has to be a specific variety, e.g. lapsang
>>souchang, oolong, jasmine, green.  They just don't work with milk, but
>>everything else gets a healthy splash of milk (added to the cup first of
>  >course).

How confused are folks about tea? Oolong cha is originally a rather specific
form of half fermented tea which is not black. Green tea is not supposed to
be fermented at all. Black tea is fermented.  There are many different
varieties of processed tea.

Regardless, I am a bit confused by this whole tea discussion. It seems to
have a lot more to do with the local coffee bar than it does with the
middle ages.

					Your Humble Servant
					Solveig Throndardottir
					Amateur Scholar

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS  |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est      |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu      |
| Ignored domains: bestbiz.net, pop.net, hotmail.com, aibusiness.com  |
|                  vdi.net, usa.net, tpnet.pl, myremarq.com           |
|                  netscape.net, excite.com, bigfoot.com, public.com  |
|                  com.tw, eranet.net, yahoo.com, success.net         |
|                  mailcity.com, net.tw, twac.com, netcenter.com      |
|		   techie.com, msn.com				      |