[Sca-cooks] Recommended Magazine...

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 13:48:00 PST 2002

Cook's Illustrated also requires a FEE to ask them
questions or access info about the articles on their
.com.  Found that out when I had a question about a
recipe last year, called the offices too and no
answer.  It can be useful, but if they didn't give the
whole answer in the mag, you sure aren't ever going to
get it from them.

Al
--- grizly at mindspring.com wrote:
> That is one that is often lauded.  I know there was
> a thread about Cooks Illusrated in the last few
> months, but can't tell you exactly if it is the one
> you reference.  It is characterized as having no
> paid advertising in its pages, several recipes with
> reports of the teting they did, kitchen tips,
> reviews of tools, book reviews and ingredient
> testing.
>
> fra niccolo difrancesco
>
> sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> > A while back on the list, folks were talking about
> magazines for good cooks in general. One was
> especially highly recommended by folks on this list.
> Now that i have a permanent address for at least the
> next year, i'd like to subscribe, but i can't
> remember the name. Was it "Cooks Illustrated"?
> Anahita>>>>>>>

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)