[Sca-cooks] Sources of Protein

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 17:21:42 PST 2002

--- Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> > What protein sources am I overlooking?

> The one they bring themselves.
> Seriously, Jadwiga, if people can't find the food
> they want on a dayboard of
> the variety that you put out, I think it becomes
> their own responsibility...I
> mean, expecting you to be able to produce quantities
> of non-spoiling meat to
> feed hundreds of people outdoors at the end of July
> in Pennsylvania is a bit
> unreasonable.

While I tend to agree with Brangwayna, have you
considered dried meat, like jerky? You've got plenty
of time, and if you salt it and spice it in the hot
range, you'll be encouraging them to drink water,
which they actually will need a bit more than a full
belly of food on a hot day. Also, pemmican will
work....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,