[Sca-cooks] Dried meat in period?

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Feb 28 18:28:53 PST 2002

    Or, if you have the ability to smoke meats, I keep seeing pork shoulders
& picnics on sale for $.99/ lb, and as low as $.69. Even with shrinkage, if
you smoke 'em and chunk 'em, they're cost effective and the styque jacquerie
will love it! And the bones can be used gloriously . . . This is another
case where the cheaper cuts will work nicely, as it's damn near impossible
to overcook anything in a smoker.

    Sieggy