[Sca-cooks] Redaction challenge;my testing

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 1 23:17:58 PST 2002

Caointiarn said:
> > Caointiarn wrote, among other things:
> > >  I used basically =BD fresh pear
>
> > Seriously, though, what is supposed to be where =BD shows up? I'm
> > guessing it means 1/2.
>     Yep  "one Half"  there is also a couple "one quarter"s, but that's in
> the spices
>
>     I was warned by the puter that not everything would translate well . . .

Yes, this is a re-occuring problem on this list, and probably others.
The problem comes because Word, and perhaps some other word processor
programs, using the single character representation for "1/2".

The way around this is to turn this "feature" off in the preferances,
in those versions of Word that let you, or to write the file first
as a text formatted file. Then copy and paste from the text version
and not the Word version.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net