[Sca-cooks] Re: Of pickyness and allergies. Also attractive presentation (was Re: [Sca-c...

Mastercahankyle at cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Wed Jan 2 05:17:47 PST 2002

muiredach at bmee.net writes:

> Thank you for reminding us of this.  The food not 'touching one another' is
> more than a good thing, it *can* be life or death.  This is no
> exageration.  I, for one, have anaphilactic reaction to crustaceans
> (lobster, crab, scampi, shrimp, etc).  Funny enough, I can handle and cook
> it, but not ingest it.

I can understand, I have a deathly allergy to mushrooms. IfI eat a mushroom,
I can be dead within the hour. If I even eat anything that has been cooked in
the same pan as mushrooms I get very sick.  This is a reason why I don't do
many onboard feasts.

The weird thing is I can cook with mushrooms (my mushroom pies I have been
told are very good, but I have never been able to taste one) as long as I
don't taste test and wash my hands after handling the mushrooms, I will be ok.

Cahan Kyle