[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1234 - 14 msgs

Marion MacGregor flame_macgregor at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 19:06:18 PST 2002

>How did Marian come by the information?

It's Marion:)

>Did the guy come up to her and
say "Hey, I'd like to stay for feast, but I'm vegetarian?" or, did it
come to her second hand?

A member of my household and a dear friend of mine for years came to me and asked if one of the performers would be able to stay for feast.  This was the performers second SCA event and his first feast.  He (the performer) was a vegetarian and was wondering if he could eat the dishes being served?  I said I would find out and did so.   As a former veggie raptor myself, I wanted to make this gentle feel comfortable, not because he was a friend of a friend, because I remember my first feast at an SCA event. ( It can be a bit overwhelming)

 It took all of  three minutes and the only reson I entered the kitchen(at tht point)  was because as I said before there were no more menus available at gate/troll.  This gentleman paid for the feast, enjoyed it greatly and is looking forward to another SCA event.   hope this clears it up

In Service,

Marion MacGregor

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.