[Sca-cooks] hog jowls

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 10 09:46:01 PST 2002

In the middle of a long rant, (Some of which I agree with, some
of which I definitely don't), Baron Akim Yaroslavich mentioned:

"likewise hog jowls from the butcher are relatively free of
modern contaminates".

The other day I saw some packages of these in one of the meat
cases at my local grocery. How would you use these? Are they
generally just ground up and used in things like sausages? Or
is there some way these are generally cooked? I'm sure these
parts weren't wasted in period. How were they used then. They
did seem to be low in price.

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous