[Sca-cooks] Butchering, etc.

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Thu Jan 10 13:45:18 PST 2002

Hey, all.  Sorry, I'm a little behind on e-mail.  I spent the whole
darned morning sitting in a Quest lab having blood drawn every hour for
a gestational diabetes test... bleck.  Then eating like a fiend because
they made me fast, then sleeping because I had to get up so early and
all the food made me sleepy ;)

Anyway, I'll try to hit all the points about butchering in one shot
here, rather than flood ya'll with list responses.

Gorgeous Muiredach (I loved the pics of you and your dog - you live up
to your name :) and Wixie is a real cutie!) and Olwen, I am going to try
to make it to Pennsic, 4-month old in tow.  But, I can't guarantee
anything at this point!  If I do make it, I will most definately come to
the butchering class.  But, that doesn't help with the slaughtering
part.  Phlip has most generously offered to help teach me, too, but
we'll have to figure out how to coordinate that with three hours
distance between us.  I think I'm due for a roadtrip  :)  Maybe one of
these days when my husband gets sent away on business and I'm left all
alone :(

Margali, thank you for the description.  I've seen the bags, but I've
never seen one used, and basically I wanted to try getting one of the
buggers *into* one of those bags and settled with an experienced person
before trying it myself ;)

Thanks, everyone!
-Magdalena