[Sca-cooks] Chop! Chop!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 17:19:16 PST 2002

Psst, Profligate Posters:

I am commencing to question if cooks can really cut it (pun and
alliteration intended)...

1) Can you please remove the FOOTERS when you answer posts. I just
got one message that has THREE COMPLETE sets of four-line SCA-Cooks
list footers plus all sorts of spaces.

2) And while you're at it, snip out the IRRELEVANT PARTS OF QUOTED
MESSAGES you're responding to. I have gotten several messages today
that include three or four complete previous posts that didn't need
to be there.

3) Oh, and while you're at it, can you please cut out the OTHER
FOOTERS in the messages you respond to - i don't know how many times
i need to see the MSN footers quoted at the end of messages which
original posters sent from hotmail - or the Yahoo! footers from
originals sent from a Yahoo! account. I realize that these are
automatically attached to *the original* posts from these services,
but they don't need to be quoted over and over as other people
respond to them...

4) Oh, and if you mention at the beginning of your missive whose
message you are quoting, you DON'T need to include the sometimes LONG
SIGNATURES of the original posters. One line with the original
poster's name is enough. I don't need to keep seeing where they're
from or their other names or the company they work for over and over.
I'm not complaining about the original signatures, just seeing 4 and
5 line signatures quoted over and over.

5) Oh, and while you're at it, cut out the additional SIG LINES after
the name in the message you are quoting. I don't mind sig files *in
the original message* but they don't need to be quoted unless you are
commenting on the sig line as happens occasionally. But if you
aren't, snip 'em.

I can save over 100 k per day on messages from this list just by
editing all the UNNECESSARY schmutz out of posts that the original
poster should have cut... That's a meg in two weeks and it adds up...
I like to save messages from this list but i don't want my drive
filled up with superflous signatures, farking footers, silly sig
lines, adipose advertisement, etc.

Thanking all for trimming the fat,

Anahita
chopper in hand