[Sca-cooks] dealing with difficault diets

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 11 08:59:22 PST 2002

Never having used a single ingredient in every savoury / sweet dish I find
it hard to empathise with the difficulty, however we have a lady with a
similar allergy in one of our groups.
We label her dishes ( a quick word before menus are finalised ensures her
dish is what she likes.) She supplies her own server(normally her other
half) and has become a very useful member of our little gang.
Personally I find the challenge of catering authentically for dietary
restrictions more FUN than anything else.
The charm offensive always works best. Take the wind out of her sails by
always being the more charming and considerate of the pair of you..An 'oh
dear can't she cope..I'll help ' sweet smile eventually wins every time.
If she continues to be difficult find her something useful like being the
foundation for a freeway bridge.Just remember
NO WITNESSES
have fun
vara