[Sca-cooks] cranberry wine

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at admin.is.cornell.edu
Wed Jan 16 04:56:27 PST 2002

>>>I wonder if you can make wine from cranberry juice? I guess I could
>>>try that using some of the frozen stuff.
>>
>>       Probably!  I'll try to remember to check Jagendorf tonight and see
>> what he says about the possibility of cranberry wine.  Definitely not
>> period, but interesting, anyway.
>
>Ok, so who/what is this "Jagendorf"? I assume this is some kind
>of referance volume on wines? written by Jagendorf?

     "Folk Wines, Cordials, and Brandies," M.E. Jagendorf (New York: Vanguard, 1963).  I don't remember where I got it, but couldn't resist, even though I've never made wine.  It looked interesting, it was a "cookbook" of sorts, and I recognized the name (it turned out I was working for his son, a professor of plant physiology).

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu