feast serviceRe: [Sca-cooks] Arghhh feast service

KazOShea at aol.com KazOShea at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 16:04:06 PST 2002

I have in the past couple of years run 12th Nights feasts and we have done
well to have about 10 - 12 servers for the populace and 1 maybe 2 for head
table. Our 12th Nights have run 80 populace and 8 high table. 1 server per
table plus a couple running about with pitchers of whatever to drink. With
soups I would have the servers gather the bowls for their table and dish out
the soup and have the server return the bowls to the tables. Our tables also
seated 8 per table
It has generally worked out well.
I portioned out by table and had it brought out that way and if anything was
left I would make sure people knew there was more of this or that.

Iago/TGS