[Sca-cooks] handwashing at feasts

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 23 14:41:54 PST 2002

To take my mind off the event this weekend (someday I will be involved
with running an event without the feeling that somewhere, just out of
sight, Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman are giggling maniacally and
planning how to spend the book advance...) I've given myself a deadline of
the end of next week for the first revision of my  article on Scented
Handwaters at Feasts.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/handwater.html

So I'm putting it out for comments on this list. Criticism and comments
are welcome.

Among other things, I know I should probably include our experiences at EK
12th night, and my notes that the courtesy books seem to emphasize
handwashing AFTER the meal more than BEFORE the meal. Also, I can find no
primary evidence for group handwashing stations... yet.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa