[Sca-cooks] Attn: Kael et al, special dietary needs of Darius and Roxanne

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jan 26 04:43:36 PST 2002

Hullo, all.

I just remembered, after our latest bout of hearing about Crowns who
prefer brown sugar, etc., made me realize that a couple of people had
asked about the current Crown Prince and Princess of the East, who are
to be crowned April 6th... I have here a note from a retainer.

> There Highnesses have very specific dietary guidelines do to medical
> conditions and allergies.  It can be difficult to mesh these with the
>  demands of a large feast.   If they cannot, that is ok, we will provide
> food for their
> Highnesses, but we must know before the event.  Do to hypoglycemia, Her
> Highness must eat protein every 2 to 3 hours.  Providing any details on the
> ingredients for any feast  will be quiet helpful.
>
> Meats:  no heavy sauces or creams on the meats.  Melinda will not eat
> bizarre
> spices like cinnamon on meat.  Melinda will not eat a fruit and meat dish.
>     Chicken
>     Turkey
>     Shellfish (plain broiled shrimp with a cocktail sauce is Melinda
> favorite)
>     John will eat fish but Melinda won't
> Vegetables
>     lots of raw veggies like carrots cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli,
> tomatoes (Melinda is especially fond of home-grown tomatoes)
>     fresh green salads are a favorite with an Italian or Olive oil
> vinaigrette dressing
>     plain cooked vegetables without sauces or spices! Such as greenbeans,
> beets, onions, carrots. Melinda is allergic to a  plethora of spices so
> unless she has  had it before she will not eat it.  Cooks need to know not
> to be offended when she will not sample their new dishes with unknown
> ingredients.
> Breads/Starches
>     They will not eat carbohydrates (or a lot of them at least) in the
> evening.  We prefer whole grain or 12 grain breads. John likes Rye, Melinda
> does not.
>     Potatoes in very limited quantities and without heavy sauces
>     Brown rice is our favorite, again without heavy sauces
>     Fresh fruit is always a good choice. Melinda is especially fond of
> strawberries and navel oranges in season.
> Deserts
>     Won't eat them except in limited, predetermined quantities.
>     Please do not offer gifts of chocolate, Melinda has a mild allergy.
>     Fresh fruit is a good desert choice if the group feels they have to
> provide it.
> Drinks
>     Fresh water in quantity.
>     decaffeinated teas. I drink herbal teas, John doesn't
>     John drinks decaf coffee.
>     fruit juices such as orange and cranberry in limited quantities
>     Melinda won't drink an alcoholic beverage except in very limited
> quantities. John will drink beer and red wine.
>
> A simple meal to serve them, a green salad with grilled chicken breasts with
> either an Italian or Olive oil vinaigrette dressing.
>
> Any assistance will be appreciated.

There are a couple of things here that I find interesting, but this is
comparatively benign. I've seen plenty worse, in general.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com