[Sca-cooks] ME feasts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 27 15:22:54 PST 2002

Kiri said:
> When we do oriental feasts (Japanese, Chinese, etc.) we usually fold up the
> legs of the tables and rest the table tops on milk cartons, you know, the
> plastic kind that milk gets delivered in.  We suggest that folks bring
> cushions, throws, rugs, etc. to sit on.

> We also provide regular tables for
> those who do not feel comfortable sitting on the floor.

Thank you! I, for one, have a hard time sitting cross-legged on the
ground for more than a minute or two. I guess my legs are too fat.
Although laying down or on my side might work, this takes up a lot
more room which is usually not available at feasts and provides yet
another thing for servers to trip over.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net