[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:52:33 PST 2002

Hi All!

I needed some Almond Milk for the meatloaf (yeah, I keep calling it
that...meat in form of peaspode, now form of sun) I decided to check out
Whole Foods.  I'm not sure if Whole Foods is a national chain but it is a
California market that specializes in organic and fancy-schmancy (read in
evile shop of cool crap) stuff.

Anyhow, I was looking in a section where they sell soy milk in cartons, and
there was a carton of Almond Milk right there.  They also had vanilla
flavored Almond Milk too (amoung other things).  I was thinking of serving
that with the Festival of the Rose luncheon since that is period (in the
Queen's or King's Taste, I believe).

It was about $2.00 for about 8 oz of Almond Milk.  Not too bad...especially
since if I were to make my own, it would probably end up being FAR more and
not as fast (or as good, most likely).

So, perhaps if you all don't have Whole Foods, perhaps in your local (if you
have) asian markets, you might check out the soy milk area and see if there
is any available anywhere.

Happy milking!

--Arte