[Sca-cooks] haggis, was (something else about puddings...)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 13:57:15 PST 2002

Marilyn Traber <marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com>
>But haggis is a 'pudding', meant for immediate consumption, as is
>liverwurst. Not all sausages are meant for long storage at all. Only if the
>instructions call for them to be cured or smoked, if they don't specifically
>meantion that you are to cure them for storage, it is best to assume they
>mean to eat them immediately.
>
>margali

Well, last Friday i heard a report - in time for Robert Burns day -
about an *aphrodisiac haggis*. I left the room just before it started
- and i really wanted to hear the whole thing - and came back just as
the interviewer from the CBC and interviewee, a women from Glasgow,
were wrapping it up.

It may be up on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) website by now...

It included figs and apricots, but i missed the other ingredients...

Ugh.

Anahita
Rock? Who needs a rock when you've got a haggis!