[Sca-cooks] Servers Servants and Rants

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 23:31:10 PST 2002

On the server/servant subject.  Neither myself nor
anyone I know of in the SCA is part of a Kitchen
"Staff", I am part of the "Crew", the "WorkGang",
"Chief Cook and Bottle Washer", even "Hey, Cook Lady",
but not "Staff".  When I am on "Staff" I make a good
deal of actual green, modern MONEY.  When I am
volunteering as a feastcrat, server, kitchen helper or
even dishwasher in the SCA, I do it because this is my
family.  I do not expect pay, I also do not expect to
be treated as a servant or as if I am part of
someone's personal staff (and not even referred to by
name, though it was known by the person).  I work hard
for my money, and I play hard in the SCA and ne'er the
twain shall meet.  Sorry, had this one come up
recently, and just peeved me all to heck.  Just needed
to release the rant.IS,Al

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)