[Sca-cooks] Lynx (was tiger recipes)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Jan 31 08:01:58 PST 2002

Someone pointed out to me in private that it was "sick" to eat lynx, as it
is an endangered species.  I should point out that I only cooked and ate
"legal" animals.

The trapping of these animals is regulated, not forbidden.  The population
of lynx in Northern Ontario fluctuates.  It actually goes hand in hand with
the hare population.  Each year trappers are allowed a quota of lynx to
catch.  The year I worked up North each trapper was allowed 5.

I hope that clears any misunderstanding...

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka