[Sca-cooks] Beef noodles and sour cream

Mike Macchione drkael at home.com
Wed Jan 30 13:56:41 PST 2002

> I'm not aware of anything that resembles stroganoff in my very sketchy
> survey of period foods...

A number of years back, I served a recipe called Salma which can be found in
Cariadoc's Miscellany (in the section Islamic, without much vegetables).

It is not precisely a strogranoff, but it has a feel of it.    Lamb and
onion is fried in lamb fat.  which is tossed with yogurt, noodles, mint and
garlic.  The day of the feast, I could never remember the name of the dish,
so it was always called "that stroganoff like thing"

Kael