[Sca-cooks] Re: Presentation of food at feasts (was Of pickyness...)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 1 13:32:44 PST 2002

I might venture to remark, that a _lot_ of us who do feasts have never
had benefit of formal training and/or work-related experience in the
cooking fields.  I know I've gotten better about timing things over the
years, but I also know there's still a lot I'm missing, and a lot of
at-the-last-minute-disaster-fixes I'm just not aware of.
Ditto food presentation...I'd like to be creative with little
last-minute touches, but don't know what to do, beyond sticking a sprig
of parsley on a plate....Has anyone ever done any investigating re:
period food flourishes? That'd be _really_ interesting and helpful to
know, as well as any period-compatible modern stuff.

--Maire, having a nice halfway sunny New Year's Day....., and who's
working on batches of mustard, and her "challenge" stuff from Master A's
Redaction Challenge.....