[Sca-cooks] Re: Presentation of food at feasts (was Of pickyness...)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jan 1 13:53:26 PST 2002

Ahhh Maire,

Please don't take my previous post as an attack on y'all.  I full well
realize that the majority of SCA cooks haven't had the chance to work in
the food industry.  These are things that need learned.  You'll learn them
either by doing it over and over until it kinda goes "eureka", or by
someone sharing their experiences.  Which is what I was aiming at
doing.  Prompt you to think about "timing".

Maire, if you want me in your kitchen at the next feast, I'm available <wink>

>Has anyone ever done any investigating re:
>period food flourishes? That'd be _really_ interesting and helpful to
>know, as well as any period-compatible modern stuff.

Saddly, I haven't done any research in that area.  I'd love to hear of
anyone who has though.  Had I more free time, I could start exploring that
topic.  I think it would be very highly interesting.

I have a few modern and semi-modern thoughts though.  :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka