Of pickyness and allergies. Also attractive presentation (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Vegetarians)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jan 1 15:15:25 PST 2002

>His main
>problems come with things kept hot for a not-inconsiderable amount of time.
>If things are re-warmed, they must be rewarmed thoroughly to full cooking
>temperature for enough time to kill any lurking bugs, and not rewarmed more
>than once. I know this is supposed to be done all the time, but this warning
>should be added to all rewarming instructions.

Glenda, yes, of course.  Thank you for reminding me of this vital tidbit.

Kept warm doesn't just mean put on the corner nearby the stove.  Rewarming
doesn't mean making sure it ain't cold no more.

There is a "danger zone", and time factor involved.  The food must be kept
above 140F or below 40F.  Harmful bacterias are at their most comfortable
environment.  Warm, cozy, wet/damp, and food!  Yeowza.  You thought bunny
rabbits were bad?!?!  Food waiting between those two "mile posts" are good
for the garbage bin within 4 hours.  This includes the *handling* of it.

As Glenda points out, there many people with much more sensitive stomachs
than others.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom