attractive presentation (wasRe: [Sca-cooks] Vegetarians)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 2 06:02:37 PST 2002

> Where is the documentation that all dishes must
> be dressed or garnished?

Er... when I say 'presentation' I wasn't talking about garnishing though
apparently many people were. (Though I admit I was proud of the pork
cutlets dressed with black pepper sauce -- we kept some plain ones back
and most plates had pork cutlets that didn't get any of the sauce. But it
looked pretty. Same with the little salt cellars made of bread rolls--
which accidentally didn't go out until the last remove-- that went on the
platters with the roast and the bowl of roasted onion salad.

> If every dish goes out in a separate bowl to avoid cross-
> contamination and food allergies, then multiply the dishes
> served times the number of tables and you can run into feasts
> needing 150-200 bowls and platters plus serving spoons and knives.

Yup. And most groups skimp by not providing serving utensils.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa