[Sca-cooks] Re. Roos and Fire down below....

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 08:05:21 PST 2002

--- Glenda Robinson <glendar at compassnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Alban and Phlip,
>
> Yes, Roo is wonderfully tasty. Tastes like a  top
> quality beef. Makes a
> wonderful pie and stew, and is available from most
> butchers around my way
> (usually frozen) for about AUS$10.00/kg.

Hmmm. At that price (translates about to $3.50/lb US,
doesn't it?) I think I see why you folks eat so much
of your relatively inexpensive lamb. Of course, I
musta been from Oz in another life- or perhaps on my
way there- lamb is my favorite red meat.

> Even Owen, who's a really fussy eater loves it.
> Which reminds me - I've got
> to get that piece of Roo out of the freezer and
> defrost it for a bar-b-que
> trial.

HA!!!!!!!!!  What did I say? Next time, invite us ;-)

Phlip